Who we are
The Coming Home Network was established to help non-Catholic Christians, clergy and laity, to discover the truth and beauty of the Catholic Church and to make the journey home. As a network of Catholic converts, it is our goal to help each other and all Christians hear and answer the universal call “to the fullness of the Christian life and to the perfection of charity” (LG 40) and to assist the Catholic Church in fulfilling her mission of evangelization and Christ’s call for Christian unity, as proclaimed by St. John Paul II in his encyclical, “That They May Be One” (Ut Unum Sint).
- We bring together converts and people on the journey to Catholicism into a network of Christian fellowship and mutual support through our newsletter and networking opportunities.
- We provide discipleship, resources, and networking opportunities to other men and women who are considering coming into full communion with the Catholic Church as well as continued fellowship and encouragement to other converts who are seeking to live fully Catholic lives.
- We share conversion stories and other resources that express the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith.
- We are advocates for people becoming Catholic, helping and encouraging the Church to provide greater pastoral care of converts on their journeys, to find ways to better empower converts and use the gifts they bring, and to engage in a more authentic ecumenism as we pray for Christian unity.
Policy brief & purpose
Our Data Protection Policy refers to our commitment to treat information of employees, web site visitors and other interested parties with the utmost care and confidentiality.
With this policy, we ensure that we gather, store and handle data fairly, transparently and with respect towards individual rights.
Your data will be:
- Accurate and kept up-to-date
- Collected fairly and for lawful purposes only
- Processed by the company within its legal and moral boundaries
- Protected against any unauthorized or illegal access by internal or external parties
Your data will not be:
- Communicated informally
- Stored any longer than needed by CHN in order to provide services to you.
- Transferred to organizations, states or countries that do not have adequate data protection policies
- Distributed to any party other than the ones agreed upon by the data’s owner (exempting legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities)
In addition to ways of handling the data the company has direct obligations towards people to whom the data belongs. Specifically we must:
- Let people know which of their data is collected
- Inform people about how we’ll process their data
- Inform people about who has access to their information
- Have provisions in cases of lost, corrupted or compromised data
- Allow people to request that we modify, erase, reduce or correct data contained in our databases
To exercise data protection we’re committed to:
- Restrict and monitor access to sensitive data
- Develop transparent data collection procedures
- Train employees in online privacy and security measures
- Build secure networks to protect online data from cyberattacks
- Establish clear procedures for reporting privacy breaches or data misuse
- Include contract clauses or communicate statements on how we handle data
- Establish data protection practices (document shredding, secure locks, data encryption, frequent backups, access authorization etc.)
Our data protection provisions will appear on our website.
What Data Is Collected and How It is Handled
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website/forum, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When you fill out a contact form, all the information that you enter is saved in the WordPress database as well as sent via email to a member of the CHNetwork staff by email.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google analytics to collect generic data (location, operating system and browser information, time of site access, etc.). We do not use Google Analytics to track any personal demographic information (age, gender, etc)
For users that register as a member of the CHNetwork on our website, the information provided (contact information, religious background, activity preferences, etc) the data is stored in the information database on our website and our company membership database in DonorPerfect Online. You can view the membership registration form here: https://www.chnetwork.org/join
When a user makes a purchase from our online store, name and contact information are stored on our website and transmitted to CHN staff for shipping, while payment information is securely transmitted to BrainTree (https://www.braintreepayments.com) for payment processing. The payment information remains available to CHN staff through braintree for the purposes of refunds or changes to an order, but is not stored in any way on the CHN website.
Donations are made through a hosted form and payment processing system provided by DonorPerfect Online. https://www.donorperfect.com/
Who we share your data with
We do not share personal information with any external parties.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register as a member of the CHNetwork on our website, the data is stored in the information database on our website and our company membership database in DonorPerfect Online.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site and/or are a member of the CHNetwork, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Your data is all handled in house, either through the WordPress Admin panel or through DonorPerfect.
Your contact information
Any personal information entered during registration is saved in your WordPress user account and saved to our DonorPerfect system.
Our web hosting service is WP Engine (https://wpengine.com), here is their GDPR policy (https://wpengine.com/support/gdpr-compliance/).
All member and donor information is stored with Donor Perfect (https://www.donorperfect.com/) , here is their GDPR policy (https://www.donorperfect.com/company/gdpr/)