The drama of salvation involves every man, woman, and child on earth. In this life, all of us are suspended between heaven and hell. To rescue us, God sent his son—Jesus Christ—to give his life on the cross. This supreme act of sacrifice made salvation possible for all mankind. Yet now, 2,000 years later, few people understand what Jesus did or how it affects us. Worse yet, there are endless squabbles between Christians of different persuasions, leading to confusion on a massive scale.
In The Drama of Salvation, Catholic Answers Senior Apologist Jimmy Akin uses his expertise in Scripture and Church teaching to cut through the confusion and provide clear answers on important issues like:
- What we need to do to be saved
- Whether salvation is a one-time event or a process
- Whether penance is part of God’s plan
- What indulgences are
- How faith and works relate
- What the Church teaches about justification
- How far apart Protestants and Catholics are on this question
- Whether you have to be a Catholic (or a Christian) to be saved
No other book takes on these questions with the clarity and precision that Akin brings to them.